Tuesday, August 27, 2013

God's Gracious Intervention!

Me and my girl (who has such a heart for orphans) sporting our team Payne adoption shirts!

I'm sitting here texting back and fourth with a dear friend who is about to watch her son be born! She and her husband are adopting for the second time and anxiously awaiting those special moments.  I can only imagine what is going through their minds and hearts right now as their world will momentarily change and all for the better.

You see, this little boy can't help the circumstances he's born into, he had nothing to do with his conception, he can't even tell anyone who he'd like to go home with.  God is graciously intervening on his behalf to give him a chance at a new life, a new family, a new home, and hopefully someday a new hope.  Much like salvation; salvation is God's gracious intervention in our lives.  He intervenes to save us from what would forever separate us from HIM; which is a life without hope or meaning.

His intervention in our lives is God adopting us into His family.  Our circumstances were changed on account of His great love for us.  He payed for our lives with the life of His only Son.  He made a way when there was no other way.  When He looks at us, He know longer sees us...but His Son.

I am humbled at His love for me.  I am grateful at His intervention on my behalf.  I am rejoicing that I have hope!

Adoption is such a beautiful thing...it was first demonstrated by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment