Monday, October 28, 2013

The name of the game...WAIT

So, last Monday night we came to you asking you for your prayers as we decided whether or not to submit our profile to this particular Birth mother due this coming Friday.  We were absolutely astounded at how the Lord gave us peace and confirmation every step of the way as we sought His wisdom.  We did submit our profile and this dear birth mother has had our's and two other families' profiles in her hands since last Tuesday at noon.

Here we sit almost a week later still wondering what the Lord holds for us.  As of today there is still no decision.  Of course we (and by we I really mean me) are quite a bit anxious as we wait for a decision, but I am continually reminded of how hard this must be for this mother.  She has not only made the decision to place her child for adoption, but now she is deciding who his or her mother and father will be.  I can only imagine the emotions that come with that and the overwhelming uncertainty as well.

We have been fervently praying for her as we have waited and we will continue to do so.  My heart has been so heavily burdened as I try to put myself in her shoes day after day and as I consider what all this decision can and will mean for her.  I wish with all my heart that I could wrap my arms around her to comfort her through this process and tell her everything is going to be alright.  I wish I could affirm to her the selflessness in the decision she is making and encourage her to run into the arms of an amazing Savior waiting for her.

But for now, we will continue to wait.  I feel the Lord continuing to stretch my faith further than I ever dreamed possible; but knowing in the depths of my heart that He will see us to the end of this and with that I can rest peacefully and hopeful.

Thank you for praying dear friends, I beg you to continue.

To God be all the Glory for the great things he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment